Pages

Thursday 9 October 2014

Brother FS-40 Review - sort of.

Another hat was completed and posted off yesterday :) I have another three on order and two dolls on order. Using every moment I can to get in some knitting! (As well as working, school run, homework, beavers, cubs, housework and general mum and housewife things)

I don't tend to do reviews but my new sewing machine Brother FS-40 is going very well. Anyone looking for a machine this one is great. I'd say its perfect for beginners as it gives you all the bits you are going to need when you're more experienced and its not confusing enough when you're learning. For me its perfect as i sew quite a lot so i needed a machine that can handle thicker fabrics and constant use and had that extra special feel about it.

Brother FS-40 Sewing Machine


I have yet to test out all the stitches that it comes programmed with but they look amazing. I have only tested the leaf pattern and that came out really well and looked really sweet on some dolls clothes i made. I usually stick to the standard stitches. The start stop button is definitely a feature i would say is worth its weight in gold, the freedom of not having a foot pedal is really nice as it makes the machine more portable, sometimes I leave the machine set up but when i do pack it away its very easily done. Bobbin is easy to wind and its drop in. Cant fault this machine. I bought it at Argos for £206 which is about right for this machine comparing it to other retailers.

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment