Pages

Friday 10 October 2014

Miami Dolphins!

The NFL Weekend in London is fast approaching and I want to wear my team hat at the games (Dolphins aren't playing but they are my NFL team so I'm going to wear my hat) Plus its at the end of October so it's going to be a bit chilly watching NFL for 3 hours at Wembley without one. Had absolutely no luck with finding the right shades of wool without shopping online and paying postage and waiting for it to arrive which I hate doing (the paying for p&p not so much the waiting, although this is horrible too) Anyway I rummaged through my wool box/collection/hoard whatever you want to call it and found these shades of orange and blue.


These balls of wool are what I purchased from my recent trip to Knit Moor in Combe Martin, never able to find these shades in my local wool shop.

Now... Shall I knit it on a loom or needles?? I find sometimes loom knitting can be slower than needles and you get a looser knit, so knitting it on needles will probably be the answer.

Colour wise I'm thinking the small top ball of orange and the right side ball of blue. I feel these are the closest I have, but what I'll probably do is ... As on loom knitting its best to use two strands of wool, I'll use the two top oranges and both blues and knit them together, much like I do when I knit hats really. This should give it a nice finish and I'll probably add ear flaps too!



Go Dolphins!! Actually seeing the Lions vs the Falcons...

C x

No comments:

Post a Comment