Pages

Friday 8 January 2016

Colin the Cat

Morning all, I thought I would blog early today as I feel like I achieved nothing yesterday so I am on a housework and crafting mission today so will blog early with the hope to get lots done today! (a girl can dream)

For those that don't know me on a personal level probably don't know that I suffer from anxiety which affects my life almost daily to varying levels, the good part is that I get to work from home so I don't have to deal with the outside world when I don't feel like it, but then sometimes the outside world can't be avoided. Yesterday was a down day and I spent the entire day doing nothing!! I made cups of tea, sat and drank them and thought and worried, had a nap, had a cry, all because someone was phoning me at a set time that afternoon. The phone call finally came and a huge sense of relief came over me afterwards that I simply just cried so much. Phew, I done it, I made it. I always try and adopt the phrase 'Whats the worst that can happen?' Doesn't always work as i can't just seem to switch my mind off.

So that is my reason for today's mission!

I've started today by cutting out a pattern for the Colin the Cat that I make. I normally freehand the cats which makes them all unique and individual and so deliciously cute but I have an order for two so I think they should probably be the same size this time! And for consistency its probably  better.

Here is the pattern that I have drawn/cut out, IT's very cute looking already and it's just cardboard! I used cardboard over paper as I use a rotary cutter so no need for pinning.



So I'm going to make a million cats today! Ok, maybe I'll achieve two at least. I should probably introduce you to the real Colin the Cat.

(Great likeness, eh?)

He does normally look slightly more happier than he does here, he certainly hasn't got his Friday face on, this is more like a Monday morning face. Colin is part Siamese and very friendly and loves to stretch out and sleep on the sofa, or anywhere for that matter, he wasn't very impressed when I woke him up for a selfie. I have another cat called Kevin, who is actually a girl, long story.

Have fun crafting today and if you are crafting leave me a message with what you're making!

C x


No comments:

Post a Comment